Yes, Halloween! Can you believe we are only a few weeks away from Halloween? Have your kids or grandkids picked out a costume? My oldest is still searching but my little guy wants to be a football player. We all want to get the best photos possible on Halloween right? Capture all the fun and excitement? My camera last year was horrible. My flash had died so a lot of my photos were blurry and dark. :( I have a new camera now and can’t wait to take a lot of photos this year.
I did a search of some tips for Halloween photos and instead of making you to do the same I figured I would share some of my findings here with you:
1. Get your traditional standing out on the porch, hurry up mom and get this over shot. Also if you can get them acting out their costume. I got some last year once we got to church for the fall fun fest.
2. Try to capture the details of the costume if you can, bowls of candy, filled bags of candy, little hands playing games, Halloween decor and more…get creative with your shots.
3. If you visiting a pumpkin patch coordinate outfits if possible. I know I will be snapping photos of the pumpkins with my boys so I try to coordinate outfits some. Here are my boys and a small one of me last year at the pumpkin patch.
4. Get back…try to snap some photos of them walking down the street trick or treating. Move around and try to get other shots at different angles. Sit on the sidewalk and get photos of their feet or hold the camera up high and get pictures from above, zoom in close and capture those sweet kiddos holding hands or grabbing candy.
If you remember I said a lot of my photos were blurry or dark. You can duplicate your photo in photoshop and change the top photo to screen to lighten. Adjust the opacity to get the look you want or if blurry change it to black or white or shrink it down.
5. Be sure to get the grown ups as well…in costume, carving pumpkins, playing games and more. Don’t forget the pets either!
What are some of your must have shots? Have you stepped out of your comfort zone and got an awesome shot you weren’t expecting? Share your photos with us and scrap them with Halloween Glam, Get Lost, Candy Corn Kisses, Owl Haunt You and Bugs & Kisses!
Remember to also put the camera down and have a little fun with the kids and enjoy the moment. So go ahead and get that battery charge (I have THREE and two chargers now), clear off the memory card and get ready for some bootastic photos!